What’s Your Reason to Quit?
Everyone has their own reasons for quitting smoking. Maybe they want to be healthier, save some money, or keep their family safe. As you prepare to quit, think about your own reasons for quitting. Remind yourself of them every day. They can inspire you to stop smoking for good. Whatever your reasons, you will be amazed at all the ways your life will improve when you become smokefree.
Here are a few reasons to quit you may want to consider:
Your Health and Appearance:
- My chances of having cancer, heart attacks, heart disease, stroke, cataracts, and other diseases will go down
- I will be less likely to get sick
- I will breathe easier and cough less
- My blood pressure will go down
- My skin will look healthier, and I will look more youthful
- My teeth and fingernails will not be stained
Although quitting will make you feel better and improve your health, there are other reasons to quit that you may not have considered:
- I will have more money to spend
- I can spend more time with family, catch up on work, or dive into my favorite hobby
- I won’t have to worry about when I can smoke next or where I can or can’t smoke
- My food will taste better
- My clothes will smell better
- My car‚ home‚ and kids won’t smell like smoke
- I will be able to smell food, flowers, and other things better
Your Loved Ones:
- I will set a great example for my kids; it takes a lot of strength to quit
- My friends, family, co-workers, and other loved ones will be proud of me
- I will protect my friends and family from the dangers of secondhand smoke
- My children will be healthier
- I will have more energy to do the things I love with friends and family
- I will get healthy to make sure I am around to share in my family’s special moments
Make a list of all of the reasons you want to become Smokefree and keep it in a place where you will see it often, like your car or where you kept your cigarettes. When you feel the need to smoke, take a look at the list to remind yourself why you want to quit.
Written material used with permission from SmokeFree.gov
Get a copy of Rick The Hypnotist
Stop Smoking Now!
Available on Cd or Mp3 Download